Sleek, different, stylish. These are all words people frequently use to describe flat track hardware. Flat track, also known as barn door hardware, is a style that allows for doors to slide back and forth into position instead of swinging on hinges. Contrary to pocket doors, flat track doors stay on the outside of the wall, making the door and the hardware itself a part of the room’s decor.
However with its growing popularity, many shoppers are looking for examples of this hardware online. With only a few online retailers available, many of whom are sharing photos, there just isn’t a large selection of examples to look at. This can be frustrating for homeowners looking to upgrade to barn door hardware.
So what is the solution? It is quite simple actually. Those who have already purchased and installed flat track hardware in their home need to take photos of the completed projects and submit them online. Quite often the suppliers from whom they purchased the hardware are looking for new photos to display on their website and are usually happy to accept such submissions.
For those of you who are interested in photographing your barn door hardware projects, here are a few simple tips for taking great pictures:
1) Know your camera- Take a minute to familiarize yourself with the different unique options and settings of your camera. You’ll be surprised what you can do.
2) Learn to control the flash- Automatic flash isn’t always the best choice. Sometimes, using the flash indoors may result in unnatural tones, harsh glares, and overly heavy shadowing.
3) Experiment with macro mode- Most digital cameras will have a macro mode, which is an ideal setting for taking close up shots. Often times it is represented by a flower icon. If you’re looking to take a close-up shot, turn on macro mode, get very close to your point of focus, then take the picture. Make sure you give the camera time to focus before fully depressing the shutter button.
4) Use a tripod- Especially for low-light settings. Tripods can really maximize the sharpness and quality of your photos.
5) Adjust the ISO setting- Basically, the ISO setting adjusts your camera’s sensitivity to light. If you’re taking pictures and they start to look too dark, too saturated, or a little grainy, try adjusting your ISO setting to a higher or lower level. Remember, its digital photography. If you don’t like a picture, you can just delete it from the memory.
Follow these simple suggestions and you’re bound to see some great results!